Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Amid the falling snow

It's snowing in Sparkle City, ya'll...

I've always loved snow - and not just because it often means a day off. I don't know about everyone else, but I have so many wonderful memories associated with snow. It's such a rare occurrence here in South Carolina (true snow, not just a sprinkling or the dreaded winter mix (UGGHH!)), that I can remember almost every single one.

Sadly, the year I spent in Cincinnati almost ruined snow for me. Sure, it was beautiful as it came down, but the next four days were pure hell. Nothing sucks the fun out of snow more than having to dig your poor car out of a snow bank for three hours, and only then realizing there's no way you're going to be able to get it up the hill.

Anyway, seeing snow tonight made me think of one of my favorite songs from Enya's latest album, Amarantine. Have a listen....






That's all folks so don't bother to

No comments: