Monday, February 18, 2008

Sick as a Dog...



Ya’ll – I have been soooo sick the past couple of days. I can’t remember the last time I was so miserable. I’m so congested and phlegmy that when I talk I sound like I’m underwater and very far away. And since my voice is rather raspy and sandpapery to begin with, I probably sound like Ursula the Sea Witch. I’m such a poor, unfortunate soul.

Friday at work was torture, a mental seesaw with saving-sick-leave on one side and getting-the-hell-out-there-and-straight-into-bed on the other. Frankly, I’m probably lucky I made it home in the afternoon. When I get the flu, one of my classic symptoms is forgetting to breathe, resulting in fainting episodes a la Marie Osmond. If only I had a hot ball-room stud like Jonathan Roberts standing behind me to catch me. I had a bad experience back in college involving a bad flu, my car, and the interstate which I am in no hurry to duplicate.

Anyway, all of this is an excuse for my lack of posting. I just haven’t felt up to it. Hopefully, in the next days, I’ll be able to think of other things besides my next dosage.

2 comments:

Erin G said...

weird. It said "read more" but there wasn't more! doofus. I hope you feel better soon! and do tell that flu-car-interstate story. I don't think I know it.

Anonymous said...

The flu stinks! But then you already knew that, didn't you? I hope you've had a chance to take time off work and snuggle down in bed with chicken soup. That's the quickest way to feeling better. Wishing you good health ASAP, Reeva!

P.S. Love the Drew Barrymore fairy picture in the header.