Monday, August 18, 2008

The sisterhood of Fabulous...

Since the premiere of the third season of Ugly Betty won’t come fast enough, here’s a post about America Ferrera to tide us over.



(aside: I'm not sure if this dress is great, but I like it because it looks like lots of keyboards. It makes me want to go pound out some Chopin...)

I’m not the first to notice this, but it is interesting how things have worked out. When The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants came out, Alexsis Bledel and Amber Tamblyn were the hotshots du jour, thanks to successful stints on Gilmore Girls and Joan of Arcadia, respectively. They shared the movie screen with a then unknown Blake Lively and a known but still underappreciated America Ferrera. Three years and a dramatic switcheroo… now, America is an emmy-winning, Latin-achievement-award-accepting, beautiful-red-carpet-gown-wearing superstar, and Blake Lively is a blog-heroine thanks to her role in Gossip Girl, a show which gets a ton of attention, and yet, no one seems to watch.

Full disclosure: I probably won’t see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 in theatres. I don’t know, it just seems like more of a rental to me. That said, I’m sure it’ll be good. I have noticed that the press for the movie has been skewed America’s way, which is fine with me, although… I do wish Alexis would get more attention. Anyway, since America and Blake are the popular girls now, they’ve been doing some interviews together, with hilarious results. I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one who thinks Gossip Girl is kind of dumb. Keep your eyes on Fidgety McBoredom (America).



If it’s possible, seeing that makes me love that girl even more.

Besides being delightfully bitchy, she is always radiant on the red carpet, too, and I’m hoping she gets recognized as one of the better dressed celebs at some point. There’s a polish to her that you don’t see all the time, and listening to her speak, I actually perceive that she has a brain. Really, all four girls in the cast of Sisterhood are up there in my book. They aren’t in the tabloids that much, they are always wearing panties, and they can speak in complete sentences. What else is there?


1 comment:

Erin G said...

I agree it's hilarious. and although gossip girl is all the rage, I still love the ORIGINAL gg best - rory and america are my top reasons to watch this movie. which I'll admit I probably WILL see in the theater, one afternoon when I need a break from mommying and a few hours of solitude.