Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Li’l Sis recommends…

Li’l Sis called to tell me that we MUST see this movie… (Ma’am, yes, Ma’am!)


New In Town



The presence of Harry Connick, Jr. is a definite plus. The only rom-com I can remember him in is Hope Floats, which is an all-time favorite. The Zellweger, on the other hand, is worrisome. I never know whether I like her or not. She’s very hit or miss with me. Chicago was a hit and the Bridget Jones movies are classic. And she was exquisite in Down With Love. Ok, so I pretty much like everything she's in, so I’ve just argued with myself, apparently. Perhaps my wishy-washiness can be chalked up to things like this…



I mean… yikes.

But yes, I’ll see this movie, because Li’l Sis is a terrific movie-mate, and I’ve never said no to a good, old-fashioned, fish-out-of-water, straight-out-of-the-textbook, formulaic romantic comedy. Predictability is a like a salve on the messy warts of existence. Two tickets, please.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you liked the trailer...january 30th. Mark your calendar! It's gonna to be great you betcha!
-C

Erin G said...

I just watched Jerry Maguire again a few weeks ago and fell in love with renee all over again.

and mmm harry connick jr. you HAVE to be hot to rock that name, huh? :)

I like the idea that this is a twist on the naive-girl-in-the-big-city thing... a switcheroo. should be interesting.

Anonymous said...

I adore "Down With Love!" Squeeeee! It's fun to find someone else who both knows and loves the movie.

I have to agree. That outfit isn't kind on Renee, but I do like her 'do.