Mary tagged me for a meme!
1. Last movie you saw in a theatre?
Actually, I experienced a rare and very welcome Movie binge earlier this summer, taking in Ironman, Indiana Jones, and Sex in the City in a two week period. That’s more movies than I saw all last year, so it seems I’ve met my quota. But I definitely plan on seeing WALL-E, Hancock, Twilight, and the Harry Potter movie later in the year.
2. What book are you reading?
Believe it or not, I’m currently reading Wuthering Heights. It was never assigned to me in high school (I think I got stuck with Tess of the D’urbervilles instead)… Anyway, this wasn’t a random thing. I just finished reading the first three Twilight books (all in about a week and a half, bam-bam-bam style), and the novel was mentioned several times. In a way, it was used as an extended allusion, running parallel to the story. The whole time, I was frustrated because I wasn’t sure I was getting all of what Stephenie Meyer was trying to communicate when she alluded to Wuthering Heights, so it seemed fitting to pick it up and see what all the fuss was about. The good news: I’m kind of enjoying it, which surprises me.
3. Favorite board game?
This one is tough because I LOVE board games in general. If I really want to think and stuff, I rely on Chess, but if I’m just looking to enjoy myself, I like Boggle, Cranium, and Trivial Pursuit (I should mention I’m terrible at traditional Trivial Pursuit, because I’m not one for the obscure knowledge, but I DOMINATE the themed versions, like 90’s pop culture or Lord of the Rings). Ultimately, though, I think my favorite is probably Monopoly.
4. Favorite magazine?
Entertainment Weekly, hands down. It feeds all of my cravings: celebrity gossip, music, movies, and TV. People can get a little tedious for me with all those human interest stories. I think the Tab Mags are fun, but I don’t feel like I’ve learned anything after flipping through one.
5. Favorite smells?
Garlic bread… freshly mown grass… citrus
6. Favorite sounds?
Dance music, a really good coloratura soprano, Pavarotti singing anything, most things by Tchaikovsky, Enya… Wow, those are all music-related. Let’s try again… I love hearing my friends’ ringtones…
7. Worst feeling in the world?
Loss and the loneliness that inevitably follows.
8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
1,001 creative ways to destroy my alarm clock.
9. Favorite fast food place?
That depends: McDonald’s for fries. Wendy’s for burgers (and Frosties).
10. Future child’s name?
Jim Bob for a boy and Soda Pop for a girl.
11. Finish this statement. “If I had lot of money I’d…”Ahh… crass consumerism – my favorite topic. First, I’d buy a house. Then, I would buy a beach house. Then I would give a whole crapload to my favorite no-kill animal shelter. Finally, I would get whatever is left in pennies and snorkel in them like Scrooge McDuck.
12. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
Never. They always wound up under the bed with the dust bunnies.
13. Storms- cool or scary?
VERY COOL! Unless people get hurt, or lose their homes, or if they come near me. I love thunderstorms the best because nothing really bad happens to anything. And while I wouldn’t appreciate a tornado or hurricane destroying my stuff, I find them fascinating and exciting from a safe distance.
14. Favorite drink?
Diet Coke. And I’m going through a Cran-Apple Juice phase right now.
15. Finish this statement. “If I had the time I would…”Write! A novel… a play… a symphony… an album of cheesy techno ballads…
16. Do you eat the stems on broccoli?
I tend to avoid broccoli whenever I can, but when I do eat it, yes… I eat the stems. I can’t taste the difference.
17. If you could dye your hair any color, what would be your choice?
I would bring out the natural red more.
18. Name all the different cities/towns you’ve lived in?
Spartanburg, SC… Greenville, SC… Cincinnati, OH… Brevard, NC (this one is debatable because it was only for one summer and I hated it so much I spent quite a bit of time commuting home)…
19. Favorite sports to watch?
I only enjoy watching the Olympic sports, especially gymnastics, swimming (also, synchronized), diving, some of the track and field, ice-skating, ski-jumping
20. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you?
Mary is just awesome. I don’t know her personally, but I can tell she’s very smart, very nurturing, very supportive, and very creative.
21. What’s under your bed?
Nothing… at the moment.
22. Would you like to be born as yourself again?
Umm… Yes, I suppose, just prettier.
23. Morning person or night owl?
Total night owl.
24. Over easy or sunny side up?
Neither… I like ‘em scrambled.
25. Favorite place to relax?
My bed watching movies… any old bar drinkin’ some cocktails with my friends… on my walks
26. Favorite pie?
27. Favorite ice cream flavor?
French Silk! You have to try it. It’s kind of hard to find because not every store carries it, but trust me… DEElicious.