Thursday, March 06, 2008

Coraline




Oh. My. God. Is right! I’m soo excited about this movie. I remember reading the book and thinking, “This would make an amazing film,” mostly because Neil Gaiman’s prose is so descriptive. He’s one of those writers whose words seem to come alive on the page.

For some reason, and I can’t remember what, Coraline was the first Gaiman book I ever read… wait, come to think of it… I read it because it was short, and I wasn’t in the mood for a door-jam kind of a book at the time. I read it in one sitting and loved all 120 minutes of it. It has been compared to Alice in Wonderland for good reason: while it is a spooky bedtime story for young readers, it’s also a surreal look into the disillusionment of growing older. I think all adults can appreciate that.

Also, the movie will be animated, which… YAY! I love animated movies, but ya’ll knew that already.

Fooled you! There's nothing here. I wish I knew how to get rid of this stupid jump page when I don't need it. I miss LJ! (just a little bit, though).

No comments: