Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What's the word again?

Has this ever happened to you? You go shopping and actually find cute things… things that fit, things in your color, things that don’t make you cry while you swipe your debit card… and then you wear them to work or out or wherever, and everyone compliments you and uses words like “spiffy” or “hotness” or “strangely aroused”. And you’re feeling real good about yourself… but theeeeeeeeeeeen you start to wonder.

Do you really look that good today? Are they complimenting you as a form of positive reinforcement because you usually look like crap? Were all the days you didn’t get fawned over and praised sartorial failures?

I ask because that’s the kind of day I’m having. Leave it to me to rip an insult out of the jaws of a compliment.

Just for fun, though, I’ll try to play along. Today I look…


FIERCE!!



By the way, if you haven’t seen Amy Poehler’s impression of Christian Soriano, you haven’t really lived. It’s after the jump.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you're fierce everyday, Ryan! Or would you rather be a hot mess? :)

Ryan D. said...

I prefer: tickety-tack tranny hot mess who's not apologizing for it!

:-)

Erin G said...

what were you wearing that you got so many compliments on?

Whats. with. the fear. of rejection?

I'm sure you really did look FIERCE.

Ryan D. said...

It was a pink shirt with a pink and blue striped tie - with very dark heather pants (or... black, basically) with new black shoes with a wicked heel.

The outfit was banging, at least. I'm not sure i did it justice ;-)